We are proudly supporting Gas Safety Week 2022, with Torus colleagues, from the 10 – 15 October.
Gas Safety Week aims to keep the nation gas safe, something Team HMS and our award-winning team of highly trained and fully accredited gas engineers are extremely passionate about.
Providing day-to-day repairs, boiler and heating system replacements, emergency out of hours work and statutory annual gas safety checks to over 40,000 homes across the North West, our team of Gas Safe registered gas engineers work tirelessly to keep our communities safe from the risks gas leaks and faulty appliances can have on our homes and health.
Figures show 5.5 million homes in the UK are known to have unsafe gas appliances which could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, fires and explosions, so it’s important that you know the warning signs and always get a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out any maintenance and repairs.
- If you are a social housing tenant, you will need to allow our gas engineers access to your home to check your appliances every year. If you have any concerns, you can book a HMS gas engineer visit by calling the Torus Customer Hub on 0800 678 1894
- You can check for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working correctly, such as lazy yellow / orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance, a pilot light that keeps going out and too much condensation in the room
- Never attempt to fix a gas appliance yourself and arrange for one of our gas safe engineers to carry out any repairs or maintenance
- Know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning; headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
- Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm which will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home. You can request a HMS gas engineer to fit one of these for you, simply contact us to arrange
- Remember; no ID, no access. All HMS gas engineers carry ID, if in doubt contact the Torus Customer Hub
Find out more about our Gas Installation and Maintenance services now.