Gas Safety Week, a national campaign to promote the importance of gas safety, is now in its 13th year and we are proud to once again be supporting the cause.
At HMS, safety is at our core and our award-winning team of fully accredited gas engineers help keep over 40,000 homes across the North West gas safe.
Team HMS are always there for our customers, providing statutory annual gas safety checks to reduce the risk of faulty appliances in homes, emergency boiler repairs to keep people warm, and boiler and heating system replacements to help customers cut their carbon emissions and keep running costs low.
The consequences of badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning, but here are some tips to help keep you and your home Gas Safe:
- If you are a social housing tenant, you will need to allow our gas engineers access to your home to check your appliances every year. If you have any concerns, you can book a HMS gas engineer visit by calling the Torus Customer Hub on 0800 678 1894
- You can check for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working correctly, such as lazy yellow / orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance, a pilot light that keeps going out and too much condensation in the room
- Never attempt to fix a gas appliance yourself and arrange for one of our gas safe engineers to carry out any repairs or maintenance
- Know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning; headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
- Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm which will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home. You can request a HMS gas engineer to fit one of these for you, simply contact us to arrange
- Remember; no ID, no access. All HMS gas engineers carry ID, if in doubt contact the Torus Customer Hub
Find out more about our Gas Installation and Maintenance services now.
Learn about Torus and #GSW23 here.